Home Energy Auditing Process
No matter how big or small the job, you can expect the same steps we consistently follow with all homeowners:
- Sit down with you to learn about your home’s problems.
- Inspect the entire home, top-to-bottom and document all our findings.
- Within 3 business days, provide a report with our findings and recommendations.
- Determine work scope and pricing.
- Work with you on determining the upgrades to install.
- Secure financing.
- Begin on-site work.
- Test the home upon completion to verify results.
- Submit the results to the local Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program sponsor (Efficiency Vermont or NYSERDA).
- Efficiency Vermont or NYSERDA releases incentive funding and issues a check to the homeowner for incentive dollars earned.
Our Service Goals
Higher Energy Efficiency
A more energy efficient home requires less energy to keep you warm in the winter and cool in the summer. As a result of our services and by installing ENERGY STAR qualified appliances, you can also expect decreased utility bills and additional savings from lower maintenance costs.
More Comfortable Rooms
Imagine living with fewer drafts and more even temperatures throughout your home. You can make this a reality and experience a more comfortable living environment, regardless of how hot or cold the outside is.
Healthier Indoor Air Quality
We address indoor air quality concerns from a number of angles. We perform combustion safety testing before and after work to prevent carbon monoxide and other pollutants from entering your home. We address moisture concerns that can create negative health effects, including making asthma worse. We identify areas in which pest can enter the home – pests can be a significant cause of allergies and disease.
Uncontrolled moisture movement in wall cavities can create mold and eat away at the structure of your home. Our auditors are building scientists, trained and certified to diagnose sick homes, and prescribe appropriate remedies.
Reduced Carbon Footprint
Residential energy use accounts for a significant portion of greenhouse gases. Making your home more energy efficient not only lowers your utility bills and improves your quality of life, it is friendlier to the environment. By working with Shaping Energies, you will be taking an important lead in reducing pollution and protecting the earth.